Visualizing Voices of the Vulnerable
is a project that takes a snapshot between May-August 2010, illuminating how people are dealing with the effects of the global economic crisis. People were asked to participate in a survey conducted through SMS. Their responses, which were channeled through mobile phones, revealed unique and touching stories. This project aims to show these emotions.
These were the 5 questions that were asked:
- In the past year, meeting your household needs has been: Easier, Same, More difficult, Very difficult
- In the past year, how has your country's economic situation changed?: Better, Same, Worse, Much Worse
- What has been the greatest change you had to make to meet your household needs this past year?
- How has your quality of life changed over the past year?
- In one word, how do you feel about your future?
The same 5 questions were translated and asked in the following five countries: